FORT ST. JOHN, BC
WSP is currently seeking a Survey Party Chief to support our Fort St. John operations. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Field Support, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing field survey work on projects in the construction, pipeline, oil and gas, land development and legal land surveying industries. Working at WSP you will use the latest technology including GPS, Robotic Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners, UAV’s as well as in-house customized tools and systems for field and office complete with dedicated in-house support.
• Manage and perform field survey work with the help of Survey Assistants
• Liaise with Project Managers to coordinate field survey work, to review and manage project budgets, timeline requirements, priorities and survey methodology
• Act as a company representative, liaising directly with client field representatives and land owners
• Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel
• Provide guidance and mentorship to Survey Assistants working with you
• Contribute to the development and implementation of industry best practices, more efficient field processes and procedures and the innovative use of new technology
• Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the WSP safety program
• Other duties as assigned/required.
• Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics or have an equivalent amount of related experience
• 5 to 10 years of experience in the Survey Party Chief role
• Strong working knowledge of survey equipment and software such as GPS and Total Stations (Including Robotic)
• Knowledge and experience of Trimble equipment and software, laser scanning and line locating would be considered an asset;
• Strong problem solving skills in a field environment
• Good communication skills - verbal and written; ability to produce accurate and legible field notes
• The ability to develop and motivate survey staff and work well in a team environment
• An aptitude for delivering projects on time and budget
• Experience with the use of ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles and chainsaws would be considered an asset
• A valid driver’s license and can provide a clean driver’s abstract
• Completed training and valid tickets in First Aid, H2S and CSTS safety training, is an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To apply please click on the link below and apply through the WSP Canada website