Fort St John Co-operative Association
Job Title Fleet Dispatcher
Reports to Assistant Petroleum Manager
The Fleet Dispatcher’s role is to improve fleet efficiency and effectiveness and reduce customer supply outages, improve safety and improve customer service through exceptional communication.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Living the Brand
a. Be a liaison and public relations representative for the Co-op within the communities we serve;
b. Exemplify the Co-op brand personality. Strive to be Friendly, Caring, Proud, Authentic, Trusted, Honest, Successful and Knowledgeable in each and every interaction with our members, customers, employees, suppliers, and stakeholders;
c. Embody our employee values. Demonstrate Service, Integrity, and Responsibility in everything we do, with a tone that is Honest, Confident, and Humble.
d. Promote our Co-op brand values: Locally Invested, Community-Minded, and Lifetime Membership Benefits; and
e. Consistently deliver legendary service to make all guests of our Co-op feel “at home here
• Take orders and customer calls
• Assign delivery plans to drivers daily
• Review driver’s paperwork for accuracy
• File driver and truck documents along with tracking efficiency reports
• Coordinate fleet repairs
• Create, monitor and adjust schedule in response to customer needs
• Monitor driver activities in accordance to company policy and regulations set out by TDG, WHIMIS, WorkSafe BC, and National Safety code
• Process Daily Truck invoices , Reports and Government Claims
• Perform afterhours duties as assigned or required
• Be familiar with and adhere to Fort St. John Co-op policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
a. Review with Petroleum Management all Safe Work Practices, Safe Job Procedures and Job Hazard Analysis. Once reviewed with management, review with all drivers. Ensure sign offs are received and filed in appropriate location for future reference.
b. Ensure Near Miss Reports are documented and directed to the Health and Safety Department.
c. Complete required inspections such as monthly site inspections.
a. Communicate regularly with appropriate store management to ensure best practices are being adhered to; and
b. Inform Management of retail operational issues and feedback.
Closing Jan 2, 2019