Swimming Head Coach (NOC 5252)
Employer Information: Fort St. John Inconnu Swim Club
Location of Employment:9505 100 Street, Fort St. John, BC
Job Details: Job Title: Swimming Head Coach (NOC: 5252)
Salary: $ 50,000 Annually
Type: Full time 40 hours/week
Positions Available: 1
Inconnu is a competitive club supporting an average of 75 regional, provincial and national swimmers in our development and competitive programs. Inconnu is supported by many volunteers and overseen by a Board of Directors. Inconnu trains in a 6 lane, 25-metre pool.
Our ideal candidate will be a talented individual with a growth mind set, an aspirational vision and experience working with children and youth. We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, professional individual with a vision for long-term growth in the club.
Reporting to the Inconnu President, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
• Supervise Assistant coaches while mentoring their development as part of a coaching team
• Recruitment of new swimmers and club development for the future and long-term success
• Perform administrative duties as required to assist in development of club wide training plans and implement schedules, conduct practices, organize training camps and swim meets
• As per the meet schedule, attend competitions where our swimmers are participating
• Develop a long-term training plan for all coaches that aligns with the Swim Canada LTAD
• Completion of secondary or post-secondary education will be an asset
• Willing to obtain membership in good standing with the Coaches Association of British Columbia and the Canadian Swim Coaches Association during the whole period of employment
• Fully qualified level 2 NCCP or equivalent
• Head Coach or leadership experience preferred
• Minimum 2-year coaching experience with Provincial Tier 1, Tier 2 and National level swimmers or equivalent
• Ability to deal with children and youth in a positive and encouraging way
• Inspire and instruct swimmers, lead coaches and volunteers, inform the board and manage parental concerns
• Possess expert knowledge in all aspects of competitive swimming including stoke and turn technique and the ability to communicate and implement that knowledge
• Knowledge of Team Manager and other computer software utilized by swim clubs
• Strong technical, organizational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• A clear criminal record
• Employee Benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Extended Health, short-term and long-term disability, is available after the successful completion of a 90-day probationary period, at the discretion of the Club.
• 4 weeks of vacation without loss of salary and one day of each month for sick leave (sick days)
• Cell phone subsidy of $100/month CAD for the length of employment
To apply, please send your cover letter with resume including qualifications, experience, coaching philosophy, salary expectations and references.
All interested applicants should apply via email, to Annette Lang, President of Inconnu, at email@example.com
Open until position is filled