We are beginning the search for a part-time live-in nanny starting in mid-March 2019. I realize this is a long ways away still, however we would have a few opportunities for work before then and would like to ensure we have the right fit for our family. Hopefully for a long time!
Working hours are as follows:
- Getting the kids up, prepare and feed them breakfast, pack lunches, brush hair, ensure school stuff is packed, drive them to school (approx 7-9am 5 days per week)
- Pick up kids from school, unpack backpacks, help with homework, drive to activities or otherwise entertain them (2:30-6pm 5 days per week)
- Occasional weekends, stat holidays, and pro-d days if needed - this could be all or part of the day, but every second weekend you would be guaranteed 4 days off (my husband works 10 days on, 4 days off)
- Some housework is required, mostly tidying up after the kids or preferably teaching them to clean up after themselves. There are other opportunities for extra work hours if you would like to make some additional money (cleaning, painting, taking the kids places outside regular childcare hours, etc)
- Free room and board (one furnished room and your own bathroom, plus help yourself to whatever food we have in the house)
- Free vehicle use (or we will pay some expenses for yours if you already have a vehicle)
- Gym pass of your choice
- Cell phone plan (you supply the phone and we will pay for a basic plan)
- Pay is $13/hour (minus taxes) according to all BC Labour Laws under a legitimate payroll account (SIN required and we will provide timesheets, regular paycheques, and a T4 at the end of the year)
We are looking for someone trustworthy, honest, and reliable, who truly loves children. We would prefer someone who will do activities with our kids and spend time teaching them things. Our daughters are ages 5 and 7 and are both in school full-time. If this sounds like an opportunity your would be interested in, please send me a text or an email.