Oculus Transport Ltd. requires a Shop Foreman for our Fort St. John branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for all aspects relating to the repair and maintenance of the company equipment. The Shop Foreman will oversee timelines, costs, shop personnel, and equipment repair and maintenance.
WHO WE ARE:
Oculus Transport is a leader in the oilfield logistics sector and are committed to operating at the highest standards of safety. We strive to develop strong, long-term relationships with our employees, customers, and the communities we operate in. Our rigorous employee training and equipment maintenance programs ensure that we provide our customers with reliable and efficient service while demonstrating our commitment to the safety of everyone involved.
This position will be responsible for:
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, performing, directing, and evaluating the repair and servicing of equipment in the Oculus Grande Prairie Shop.
• Establish and monitor equipment repair schedules and records, including meeting any deadlines or requests by employees, or modifying work schedules to meet the demands of the branch, and operations.
• Plan and manage the shop hours and work schedule based on demands of the branch, including but not limited to on call shifts, overtime etc.
• Purchase necessary parts with confidence in repair procedures and knowledge of the associated costs.
• Provide accurate estimates on timelines and costs.
• Manage repair and maintenance costs and ensure that budgets are strictly adhered to. Communicate all unforeseen expenses to the Branch Manager prior to continuing repairs.
• Ensure that shop facilities are maintained to ensure cleanliness, safety and efficiency.
• Inspect and monitor work while it is being performed, and upon completion to ensure compliance and that it meets all regulatory requirements.
• Train and mentor junior repair technicians, leading by example and providing support, knowledge and direction.
• Manage and maintain a work environment that promotes safety, respect and professionalism. Ensuring a cooperative relationship is maintained between the shop and all other departments.
• Safely operate the company service truck in varying and adverse road conditions
• Work in remote locations and diagnose and repair equipment as required
• Be available for on-call shifts when required
• Maintain training requirements, whether online or in-class, as required
• Work closely and strategically with the Branch Manager on timelines and demands to ensure that organizational goals are met or exceeded.
• Assist with the repairs and maintenance of company units not dedicated to the Fort St. John shop when required. Communicate with the associated Foreman to ensure that all branches are aware of repairs and/or maintenance performed.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Branch Manager
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, with on-call shifts required
REQUIREMENTS: Valid Class 5 license, must be a registered Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician, able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.