WHAT WOULD YOUR CAREER LOOK LIKE when you join an industry leading company that provides you OPPORTUNITIES to grow, learn and develop your skillset?
Shawcor is growing and we are seeking dedicated people with a solid work ethic and a desire to learn new skills and put down their career roots with us. We are seeking two Swampers for our branch in Fort St. John, BC.
Shawcor Oilfield Asset Management (OAM) is a leading oilfield asset and tubular management and services company to the upstream oil and gas industry. Its core business revolves around drill pipe, drill tools, sucker rods, casing and production tubing, coating services and tubular products for production and completion. OAM’s services include in-plant and mobile inspection, repair, machining, manufacturing, recertification, and web-based inventory management systems.
WITH A COMMITMENT TO SAFETY and QUALITY, the primary duties of the Swamper include:
• Learn the processes identified, including the safe handling of material
• Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
• As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions
• 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
• Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
• Perform other duties as required, including effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paperwork
• Commitment to working safely, within standard policies and procedures
• Manual labor work experience in an industrial setting is required
• Previous experience with material handling and movement and tool experience
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
• Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
• 21 Years or older with a valid Class 5 Drivers License (non-GDL). Must be able to travel periodically to other locations
• Punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours including overtime and weekends
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred
• Safety Tickets ie: H2S Alive, Standard 1st Aid, CLTDG, WHMIS (are an asset)
Please be advised all successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical testing before hire.
We offer an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Shawcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire on the basis of merit.
Fax resume to 780-955-2822