Interior Roads efficiently maintains public local roads main highways and bridges for British Columbians to use every day according to the specifications set out by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI). Utilizing highly trained personnel, innovative technologies and products, a diverse fleet of specialized maintenance equipment, and real time weather forecasting Interior Roads works hard to constantly apply maintenance where and when it is needed.
We are looking for an experienced Superintendent, Roads to supervise the activities of maintenance crews, sub-contractors and hired equipment. Reporting to the Manager, Operations, this position is a critical part of the management team, and will be based out of Fort St. John, BC.
What Success Looks Like:
• Highway patrols and inspections in accordance with the IRL Quality Management system.
• Work identification, prioritization, planning and execution, and quality control inspection of in-process and completed work.
• Assigns work to road crews and Junior Road Foremen to achieve quality work accomplished in a safe, productive, and environmentally responsible manner
• Respond to requests and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist the Operations Manager and Quality Manager with all issues related to the delivery of quality services.
• Work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure all workspaces and personal operate in accordance with policy and legislative requirements.
• Control and monitor operations to ensure they meet the requirements of the environmental responsibility.
• Control and monitor the use and inventory levels of all materials including salt, sand, and liquid anti-icing chemicals to ensure the availability at all times.
• Control and monitor work assignments within budget parameters.
What You Bring:
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in management role; and
• Minimum ten (10) years’ knowledge and experience in the road maintenance industry.
• Must possess a minimum of a valid BC Class 3 drivers licence with an Air Brake Endorsement. Preference will be given to candidates with Class 1.
• Must maintain drivers’ abstract with less than 10 demerit points.
• Ability to operate equipment subject to qualifications.
• Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
• Shift work as required.
Why work for us?
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
Interior Roads is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey.
Apply now to start the conversation!