Our Fort St. John office is looking for a detail-oriented office assistant with good customer service skills to perform a variety of intermediate clerical and administrative duties. This is a temporary assignment from June 20, 2019 to August 6, 2019 with an hourly wage of If you’re a self-starter and enjoy a day providing in-person assistance to internal and external clients, plus varied administrative work, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
As an office assistant you will:
• Look after the front desk reception and undertake clerical duties including filing, emailing, scanning, receiving phone calls, providing general information, taking messages, forwarding calls as appropriate, and receiving and directing visitors
• Obtain and document information from claimants, employers, or other parties
• Type a variety of materials such as correspondence, forms, reports, and material involving technical and industrial terminology
• Maintain files and distribute materials as required
• Receive, sort, and forward mail as required
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
• Use Microsoft Word proficiently
• Type a minimum of 40 words per minute
• Provide outstanding customer service
• Obtain and record information both orally and in writing
Your experience and educational background:
• Recent, related work experience in a clerical role
• A minimum of grade 12 education
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the million workers and 235,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.