Ace Instruments Ltd is a leading provider of instrumentation and electrical services located in Fort St John, Dawson Creek, Grande Prairie, and Business Development in Calgary. We value the relationships that we have established with our employees and are currently looking to hire an Electrical Estimator/Project Manager to join our Commercial Construction team in Fort St John.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to uphold a safety focused culture
• Seek out and bid contract opportunities
• Oversee multiple projects to ensure on time completion and within budget
• Review bid packages, RFIs, drawings, changes, and contracts to ensure project is completed to client specs
• Attend pre and post award project meetings
• Develop project baseline schedules for pre-awarded projects and awarded projects
• Build progress trackers for each project that is awarded
• Present monthly progress reports to clients as well as attend weekly onsite progress meeting with onsite management
• Estimate and prepare change order documents for clients
• Track and forecast projects costs on a weekly basis
• Work with and provide purchasing team with proper bid documentation and quotes in advance
• Procure third party services, rentals and subcontractors for projects
• Reviewing QA/QC turnovers during and at the end of the project for accuracy
• Supply administration with information to provide timely and accurate invoicing.
• Perform and document site inspections confirm the quality and safety aspects of the physical work are being met
• Managing manpower for proper staffing, maximum productivity and high-quality standards
• Journeyman Electrician or Instrumentation Technician interprovincial certification
• Minimum 5 years of project and construction management experience in leading successful E&I construction projects within the Oil and Gas and Commercial industry
• Intermediate computer skills with Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge of estimating software, ERP systems experience is an asset
• Comprehensive understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code
• Strong leadership qualities and excellent organizational, decision making, problem solving, and customer service skills.
• Candidate must be willing to travel to project locations and remote offices
Ace Instruments offers competitive wages, a full benefit package. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume directly through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all interested candidates in advance, however only those shortlisted shall be contacted.