HOURS: Varying between 7:30AM - 6:00PM Monday through Saturday
The Warehouse Labourer is responsible for assisting in the building of products, including but not limited to bbq’s, wheelbarrows, lawn furniture, shovels and vanities, for sale in accordance with the manual provided by the manufacture. He or she must complete stocking of store shelves as directed by his or her supervisor and other members of the management team. He or she must assist with the unloading of the Home Hardware delivery truck from the distribution centre. He or she must provide customer service to a high standard The warehouse labourer must perform all tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact upon the level of service to customers.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Friendly, helpful communication and cooperative attitude towards customers and coworkers
• Must be able to take and follow directions
• Must have good organizational skills and be self-motivated
• Keep warehouse and storage areas neat, clean and orderly.
• Move heavy and bulky merchandise for customers and for sales personnel.
• Maintain maximum security in warehouse and check-in areas.
• Maintain storage area for layaways, repair items, etc.
• Process special orders for non-stock items as necessary
• Cut pipe, chain, carpet, rope, wire shelving, molding and other materials as needed etc.
• Move merchandise from receiving / warehouse to sales-floor.
• Load and unload merchandise and materials.
• Follow all safety precautions when loading and unloading freight.
• Know the correct location of all products in stock.
• Work on special projects and additional duties as assigned by your supervisor after determining their priority in relation to your other responsibilities.
• Attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
• Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
• Willingness to learn.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Ellen Verbeek, Human Resources
Fort St. John Home Hardware Building Centre
9820 – 108th Street
Fort St. John, BC V1J 0A7