The Anneofield Kidz Club is seeking those who want more than a job. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and dedicated Childcare Educator/Manager for our Kidz Club Centre located in Duncan Cran Elementary, Fort St. John! We are a non-profit society, dedicated to childcare in our Community.
Kidz Club is a before-and-after school program that services ages 5-12 (Kindergarten-Grade 6). We are open from 7am-9am, and 2pm-6pm on school days. On NIDs, Spring Break, and over the Summer we are open from 7am-6pm daily. We are closed on STAT Holidays, and over the Christmas Break, as well as for two weeks in August.
Required Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
• Proficient in child care, guidance and practices to promote social and personal development of young children, including those with behavioural difficulties and/or developmental delays.
• Proficiency in exercising patience and consistency in behaviour management.
• Ability to implement all of Kidz Club policies, regulations and rules governing the child care provider role.
• Ability to assess the needs of the clients and develop/carry out activities to promote social and personal development in children.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with a variety of families, children, and staff.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Society Act and BC Childcare Licensing Regulations would be an asset.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the ability to follow set Manager Procedures, complete administrative duties, and manage a team of Kidz Club employees.
To be successful at Kidz Club you have/are:
• CPR/ First Aid certified;
• A current Criminal Record Check (or the ability to obtain one);
• An Early Childhood Educator or aspiring to be in this field or experience as a child care provider;
• A passion for working with young children;
• Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their parents;
• Demonstrated skills working as a team and enjoy a team environment;
• The ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion regarding sensitive issues;
• Experience planning and implementing structured educational programs;
• Able to complete administration duties as required including: computer skills, accepting payments from parents, drafting monthly newsletters, reporting to the board & participate in monthly staff meetings.
Job Type: Part-time, with varying hours.
Preferred education: ECE Certificate and/or 5 years related experience
Required experience: Childcare: 1 year and 20+ hours of training directly fulfilling the Responsible Adult role under the Society Act
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Please send resumes and 3 current references to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com