We’re looking for a team member to join our growing company.
Key Responsibilities and requirements for this job.
• Must be willing to work at assigned locations as the workload dictates
• Candidate must have good working knowledge of piping systems.
• Install of pipe, spools and valves experience is a must.
• Read Isometric drawings and check to 2mm tolerance.
• Familiar with the flow of jobs from start to finish.
• Familiar with Pressure Piping Fabrication
• Knowledge of Grades, Dimensions and Orientations.
• Knowledge around cranes and equipment.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on quality
• Able to read and understand blue prints / P&ID’s / piping specifications and QA / QC requirements
• Study blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine type of pipe and tools to use, and lay out the sequence of tasks
• Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install piping, valves and fittings
• Join pipe sections, related equipment and secure in position
• Use testing equipment to check systems for leaks
• Contribute to prejob meetings
• Have a good regard for safety in the workplace, including involvement with safety meetings
• Comply with our internal and our client’s safety policies and procedures
• Demonstrate high degree of safety awareness and a commitment to safety (his / hers and others)
• Must maintain good relations with client and fellow employees through effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Expectations and Qualifications:
• You have prior experience as a pipefitter or are in your advanced apprenticeship
• Must be a qualified Apprentice (ticketed) Steamfitter/Pipefitter with a minimum of 2 years construction experience
(Consideration will be given if work experience supersedes tickets on a per basis and assessment of skills by our Management Team)
• You are able to read and understand complex instructions
• Previous industrial and construction experience
• Local to Fort St. John no LOA or Camp work is available for this position
Safety Tickets and Job Requirements:
• Must possess and maintain a valid BC Drivers’ License
• Pre-access Drug & Alcohol test
• Tickets required: CSTS-09, CSTS 09' and / or PST or CSO
• TDG, Standard First Aid, WHIMIS
• Any additional Safety Tickets will be considered an asset
Please email with copy with valid Drivers License and Drivers Abstract
Again, please note: this is a local Job there is no living allowance, camp or travel assistance provided.
Job Type: Full-time
NO PHONE CALLS NO DROP INS
email with resume and ticket copies if you have them firstname.lastname@example.org