Position: Student Petroleum Clerk
Job Code: 8706
Hours per week: Approx. 20hrs during school; Up to 40hrs during breaks and summer
Hourly or Salary: Hourly
Vacation Time: Yes
Growth Opportunities: Yes
The Fort St. John Co-op is a member of the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) which is a unique, multi-billion-dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 181 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Fort St. John Co-op invites applications for the position of Petroleum Clerk.
Position Summary: Reporting to the C-Store Supervisor the Student Petroleum Clerk position is a crucial team member of the Convenience Store and Cardlock Team. The successful candidate will demonstrate top quality sales skills and is responsible for ensuring the facility is presentable for customers to shop with us daily.
• Selling product to a variety of commercial, farm and personal customer accounts and non-member accounts
• Operate multiple computer programs, such as Point of Sale, Moneris, and Cardlock systems
• Develop a strong relationship with key accounts to maintain a high level of service and client loyalty
• Work closely with other members of the Co-op Team to facilitate solutions for the customer
• A motivated self-starter with superior organizational skills
• Keep educated on new products
• Comply with all safety regulations and procedures
• Perform General Housekeeping duties
• Work in a variety of settings, including outside, inside, in warehouses, and in offices
• Merchandise shelves, displays and stock rooms
• Oversee a Coffee and Food Area with other team members, and comply with Food Safe
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
Although preference is given to candidates who have experience in the following; training will be provided to the right applicant.
• Be at least 16 years of age or older
• Customer Service Experience
• Good Reading, Writing, Verbal, and Understanding of English
• Being a team-player
• Being able to lift 55lbs (25kg) as required
• Work Weekdays and Weekends
• Results oriented good attitude to prospect communicate and identify opportunities for success
• Forklift Ticket, Propane Ticket, TDG/WHMIS, or willingness to learn
• Computer knowledge in word and excel is an asset
Please apply in confidence with resume to, email@example.com or in person to 10808-91st Ave, Fort St. John by June 14, 2019
Fort St. John Co-operative Association
P. ext. 130 | F.
10808 91 Ave, Fort St. John, V1J 5R1