CDN Controls Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion and emissions services throughout Western Canada.
CDN is currently looking for local Instrumentation Technician Apprentices who are experienced in the Oil & Gas maintenance and construction industry to join our team based in our office in Fort St John. If you are an experienced apprentice in the oil and gas industry, we want to hear from you.
• Adhere to all company Environmental, Heath, and Safety policies and procedures set out by the HSE department Manager.
• Assist Journeyman and other apprentices with the maintenance, replacement and installation of equipment.
• Assist with calibrations and installations requiring instrumentation tubing
• Use of hand tools, power tools, testing equipment and specialty tools, such as tubing benders.
• Use of more advanced calibration equipment such as Hart Communicators, and programs.
• Use of basic Instrumentation Test Equipment & should be able to complete calibrations
• Able to work on or with more advanced meter(s) checking for continuity, resistance, voltages & current readings
• Able to work on or with more advanced systems such as compressor panels, RTU’s, BMS, Line heaters, and production facility equipment
• Knowledge of Gas Detection, LEL Detection and Fire Detection controllers and sensors.
• Capable of setting set points on safety shutdown device(s) & should be able to complete calibrations unattended in most situations.
• Possibility of working on or around any ‘live’ process or equipment including isolation and de-pressuring of any system, once you have displayed confidence and an understanding of the process P’s and follow all safety procedures.
• Confident in their ability to repair equipment; with follow-up guidance from the Journeyman if required.
• Indentured 1st through 4th year apprentice
• A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract
• Valid H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform, eGSO, and CSTS
• Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is an asset
• A pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required prior to employment
• Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights
• Represent themselves professionally both to the client and to CDN staff
We ask that all interested candidates please apply with a detailed resume on the careers page of our website!