Fort St. John Inconnu Swim Club
The Fort St. John Swim Club is currently accepting applications from experienced individuals for the position of Assistant Coach.
Inconnu is a competitive club supporting an average of 75 regional, provincial and national swimmers in our development and competitive programs. Inconnu is supported by many volunteers and overseen by a Board of Directors. The Fort St. John Inconnu Swim Club trains in a 6 lane, 25-metre pool.
Our ideal candidate will be a talented individual with a growth mind set and experience working with children and youth. We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional role model who will be a positive representative of the club.
Reporting to the Head coach, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• In collaboration with the Head Coach, write and deliver assigned groups swim practices
• Responsible for coaching swimmers in the Fundamentals and Learn to Train stages of long-term swimmer development
• Instruct correct competitive swimming techniques, demonstrating proper use of equipment and observing swimmers to identify and correct mistakes in a positive manner
• Deliver swim instruction in a fun nurturing, competitive and developmental environment
• Organize a dry land program for assigned age groups as set out by Head Coach
• Attend swim meets as directed by the Head Coach
• Follow coach conduct and practices as outlined by CSCTA and Swim BC policies
• Communicate with swimmers and parents on a regular basis- develop tracking system for individual goals and achievements
• Administrative duties as needed
• Preferred fully qualified level 1 NCCP but overall experience will be considered
• Possess expert knowledge in all technical aspects of competitive swimming
• Minimum 1-year coaching experience with Provincial Tier 1 and Tier 2 swimmers
• Prior competitive experience or equivalent an asset
• Knowledge of Team Manager and other computer software utilized by swim clubs
• Strong technical, organizational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
This is a contract position where you will be employed by the Club. Salary will be commensurate with experience and will be based on hours on deck and preparation time.
Interested candidates should send cover letter with resume outlining qualifications, experience, coaching philosophy, salary expectations and three references via email to Inconnu Head Coach
|| Fort St. John
Inconnu Swim Club
North Peace Leisure Pool
You must be logged in to see this user's contact information