Parts Technician/ Material Field Support
Parts Technician/ Material Field Support will be working in the Fort St. John area in support of Empire’s office and of client site operations.
The parts technician will be responsible for the overall planning including: Ordering of parts for various overhauls, equipment maintenance shutdowns or other major services for compressors and engines along with parts receiving and inventory.
This position will be reporting directly to the Company Owner.
What You Do:
• You must be familiar with issuing material and stocking inventory along with physical counts.
• You are familiar with creating and maintaining material master database.
• You know how to Load/Unload Material and have shipping and receiving experience
• Be familiar with oilfield roads, be able to travel out to location to drop off or pick up parts
• Must be able to be on call and or work weekends if needed
• Must know the Basic Materials Quality Control and report defective materials or questionable conditions
• Can set up shelving and organization of parts
• Qualified to operate a skid steer safely to move product and inventory in the shop as well as in yard
• Perform duties such as light-medium manual lifting, packaging, taping, labeling operations and sorting
• Manage Material – Stock Material, Count Material, Move Material, Maintain Material, and kit material
• Order parts needed for missing stock inventory for client sites using, Parts order request form
• Monitor open purchase orders and expedite as required
• Perform related admin duties as required to support other office staff and provide efficient business operations
• Review, strategize and execute direction for weekly work flow schedules from clients
Who You Are:
• You have a positive attitude with strong work ethic and strong multi-tasking skills along with problem solving skills.
• You bring an understanding and know the importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
• You have good data entry skills and are organized with neat and accurate records
• You possess strong organizational skills, acute attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines
• Have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
• You have proven tact and good judgment in confidential situations.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• You are adaptable must be able to pivot and find alternate solutions in a short amount of time.
• You take the initiative and ability to anticipate needs and provide solution or options particularly when confronted with ambiguity and a high degree of change
• Have the ability to identify operational deficiencies and carry forward to provide solutions
What You Bring:
• You have 4 or more years’ experience in a rotating equipment or related company or materials management position in oil and gas industry
• Knowledge of inventory management and inventory control
• Know how to optimize inventory and conduct periodic reviews of inventory items and lists for client sites using the clients: “Material Record Form”
• Set up parts program tailored to company’s work scopes
• Ability to generate new procedures according to various tasks required
• You have a valid driver’s license
• Able to drive to locations, deliver parts, conduct walk around site visits to record parts inventory
• Computer set up, configuring knowledge
• Moderate level of proficiency specifically with word, excel and outlook
• Data entry skills and knowledge of Maximo is an asset
• Must be able to lift to 50 pounds
• Must be able to withstand various weather and temperature conditions
• Valid License, clean drivers abstract
• Defensive driving course would be an asset
• H2S Alive & Level 1 First Aid ticket
What We Offer:
• Competitive compensation.
• Benefits package
• Salary based on experience
Previous experience in the parts industry preferred, capable of meeting the physical demands of the parts/warehousing trade, solid foundation of parts/warehousing knowledge and skill, excellent customer service skills, both over the phone and in person.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org