McElhanney Ltd. has an opportunity for a Party Chief to join our team in Fort St. John! Reporting to the Project Manager you will direct the field crew to complete projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner to meet contractual and legal obligations. Within this role, you will be involved in surveying resource industry related facilities and pipelines and local construction and legal work in Fort St. John This is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to grow their career in Geomatics Engineering with a well-established company.
• Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be on-going and unscheduled as required.
• Must maintain a valid class 5 operators license and a clean driving record.
• Take direction from Project Manager to understand the following: project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules and timeframes
• Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time
• Field completion of various types of surveys including well site(s), right of way(s), pipeline construction, municipal, construction, engineering and legal
• Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
• Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
• Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance.
• Two-year technical diploma in Geomatics is considered an asset
• Minimum of 1-5 years of previous experience in a similar role
• Experience using snowmobiles and ATVs
• Valid driver’s license and insurability is required
• Previous pipeline construction survey experience is considered an asset
• Physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, willing to work in various environmental conditions with varied terrain, able to work in wildlife populated areas
• Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.