Int. Enviro Scientist/Project Manager
Roy Northern Environmental Ltd.
• Graduate of a recognized Post Secondary institution or college the field of Biology, Ecology, or Environmental Sciences
• 3+ years of relevant environmental consulting experience
• Professional designation (i.e., P.Ag. or R.P.Bio.) or eligible to apply
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and other MS Office programs
• Current Safety Tickets (a plus)
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residency
• Ability to coordinate or assist with coordinating project planning, logistics, and preparation for field work
• Understanding of applicable environmental regulations, guidelines and associated industry practices within BC
• Strong commitment to health and safety
• Excellent attention to detail, well organized, and reliable
• Ability to manage time and priorities effectively
• Ability to maintain accurate and up to date field information
• Ownership attitude and accountability for completing tasks on time and on budget
• Resourcefulness, constantly troubleshooting, knows the tools available and uses them appropriately
• Strong oral communication skills, can effectively communicate with clients, peers, suppliers and contractors
• Strong written communication and technical report writing skills
• A team player!
• Interface with staff and clients to setup, manage and report on environmental services related to upstream oil and gas facilities and regulatory requirements
• Asist with building and maintaining positive client relationship focused on providing top quality service and project management excellence
• Takes direction from and supports intermediate and senior staff to achieve project and business goals
• Contributes to projects with focus on data collection/processing, increasing role in analysis/interpretation
• Assist with and/or lead field assessments as required on oil and gas facilities on crown land, including watercourse, wetland, vegetation, soil, timber, and wildlife assessments, including travel
• Complete technical reporting for Pre-Construction Site Assessments, Schedule “A” Soil Assessments, Fish Habitat Assessments, Watercourse Classification & Mitigation Reports, Wetland Classification & Mitigation Reports, Wildlife Assessments and Wildlife Habitat Features Reports, Environmental Protection Plans, and reclamation reports.
• Undertake assignments that may involve travel and periods of time away from home office. Including baseline field studies, construction compliance monitoring, site reconnaissance, field biological surveys, client meetings, etc.