Fort St. John Co-op
Growth Opportunities: Yes
The Fort St. John Co-op is a member of the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) which is a unique, multi-billion-dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 181 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Fort St. John Co-op invites applications for the position of Yard Attendant/Maintenance Person.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Cardlock Manager the Yard Attendant/Warehouse Person position is a crucial team member of the Co-op Team. The successful candidate will demonstrate top quality maintenance skills and have an excellent eye for detail. The position is responsible for ensuring the facility is presentable and in working condition for customers to shop with us daily.
• General Maintenance of Facilities
• Counting Inventory and Merchandising
• Operate multiple pieces of equipment on and off the Co-op Property
• Preparing Bulk Delivery Orders and Customer Pick-up Orders
• Work closely with other members of the Co-op Team to facilitate solutions for the customers
• A motivated self-starter with superior organizational skills
• Keep educated on new products
• Comply with all safety regulations and procedures
• Perform General Housekeeping duties
• Work in a variety of settings, including outside, inside, in warehouses, and in all weather conditions
• Perform regular site inspections, including environmental and safety
• Shipping and Receiving of stock on a regular basis
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
Although preference is given to candidates who have prior experience in a similar setting; training will be provided to the right applicant.
• Customer Service Experience
• Good Reading, Writing, Verbal, and Understanding of English
• Being a team-player
• Being able to frequently lift 25kg (55lbs) and carry it more than 100m without assistance
• Results oriented good attitude to prospect communicate and identify opportunities for success
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license, Forklift Ticket, Propane Ticket, TDG/WHMIS, First-Aid or willingness to get (paid by us)
• Computer knowledge in word and excel are an asset
• Be available to do shift work, which includes; Mornings, Afternoons, Weekdays and Weekends
• Passing a Drug and Alcohol Test
• Be bondable (have a clean criminal record)
Please apply in confidence with resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 10808-91 Ave, Fort St. John.
*THIS POSITION REQUIRES PASSING PRE-SCREENING SAFETY TESTING*
Fort St. John Co-operative Association
P. ext. 130 | F.
7315 100 Ave, Fort St. John, V1J5R1