Growth Opportunities: Yes
The Fort St. John Co-op is a member of the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) which is a unique, multi-billion-dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 181 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Fort St. John Co-op invites applications for the position of Petroleum Clerk.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Convenience Store Supervisor the Petroleum Clerk position is a crucial team member of the Convenience and Cardlock Team. The successful candidate will demonstrate top quality sales skills and is responsible for ensuring the facility is presentable for customers to shop with us daily.
• Product Sales to a variety of commercial, farm and personal member and non-member accounts
• Operate multiple computer programs, such as Point of Sale, Moneris, and Cardlock Systems
• Develop a strong relationship with all accounts to maintain a high level of service and client loyalty
• Preparing Delivery and Pick-up Orders for clients
• Work closely with other members of the Co-op Team to facilitate solutions for the customers
• A motivated self-starter with superior organizational skills
• Keep educated on new products
• Comply with all safety regulations and procedures
• Perform General Housekeeping duties
• Work in a variety of settings, including outside, inside, in warehouses, and in all weather conditions
• Merchandise shelves, displays and stock rooms
• Oversee a coffee and food area with other team members, and comply with all Food Safety Practices
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
Although preference is given to candidates who have prior experience in a similar setting; training will be provided to the right applicant.
• Customer Service Experience
• Good Reading, Writing, Verbal, and Understanding of English
• Being a team-player
• Being able to frequently lift 55lbs (25kg) and carry it more than 100m
• Work Weekdays, Weekends, Mornings and Afternoons as required.
• Be Results Oriented, have a good attitude, communicate and identify opportunities for success
• Valid BC driver’s license, Forklift Ticket, Propane Ticket, TDG/WHMIS, First-Aid or willingness to get (paid by us)
• Computer knowledge in word and excel are an asset
• Be available to do shift work, which includes; Mornings, Afternoons, Weekdays and Weekends
• This position requires being bondable, and passing pre-screening safety testing
Please apply in confidence with resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 10808 91 Ave, Fort St. John.
Fort St. John Co-operative Association