Fort St John Association for Community L
The Fort St John Association for Community Living is a non-profit organization that provides employment, residential and inclusion services to adults with developmental disabilities. The FSJACL currently has approximately 70 employees. Additional information regarding our agency can be found on our website
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Administrator is responsible for the full spectrum of financial and accounting functions of the agency. We are looking for a dynamic individual who has a higher than normal attention to detail, strong communication skills, excellent people skills, good computer skills, and who works well in a quality team environment.
- A degree in Accounting or Business Administration or diploma
- Three (3) to five (5) years of accounting experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated experience in finance and accounting, including budget development, financial planning and reporting, as well as management/establishment of internal controls
- Experience in project and fund accounting
- Proven ability to identify existing opportunities, foresee upcoming challenges and effectively react
- Strong analytic and business skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and work in a collaborative team environment utilizing best practices with effective time and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong, effective oral/written communication experience particularly with businesses, community agencies, government, individuals and families receiving our services
- Strong information technology experience including software systems (Accpac preferred) and Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Preference will be given to individuals who have worked in the Social Service sector and have knowledge of charitable organizations and associated requirements
Annual Salary: to commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: Full-time, temporary position for approximately 6 months working 35 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
If you are interested in this position, please forward, via email, mail or fax, your letter of application and a copy of your current resume by February 28, 2020 to:
Ronda Peck, Acting Executive Director
Fort St John Association for Community Living
10251 - 100 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 1Y8
We thank all applicants, however, only those who are invited to interview will be contacted.
The Fort St John Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.