Office Administrator/ Land Analyst
Canada West Land
•2-4 years of clerical/administrative support experience, education and/or training. Experience working in Surface Land as a Land Analyst would be considered an asset.
•Knowledge of all activities and processes related to the acquisition process of surface land projects in British Columbia
•Experience in oil and gas, forestry, municipal/government administration or small business management
•Must have experience or training in keyboarding, database, spreadsheet, word processing and other standard computer applications (proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset)
•Administrative and/or technical experience related to resource management or oil and gas activities
•Proficiency using land system software and experience working in Surface Land as a Land Analyst would be considered an asset
•Experience in oil and gas, forestry, municipal/government administration or small business management and Alberta and British Columbia regulatory processes and Consultation and Notification requirements would be considered an asset
•The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, industry, other stakeholders
•Excellent administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Title: Office Administrator/Land Analyst
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Project Manager
Have you ever been interested in learning the Land business? Canada West Land Services has an opportunity for a driven, adaptable and fun individual to join our team in Fort St. John. CWL is seeking dynamic individual with a strong administrative support background to support the FSJ office by providing quality-controlled land administration. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to receive Land Administration training and will receive support through our wonderfully diverse, skilled and motivated team. If you are keen on managing multiple tasks, possess leadership qualities, and love working in an environment that is as challenging as it is rewarding then we’d love to hear from you. The successful candidate will be required to live in Fort St. John and operate out of the CWL field office.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to;
• Support in preparation of required documentation for the acquisition of lands, right-of-ways, crown applications
• Preparation of supporting land documentation such as surface acquisition status reports, landowner line lists, consultation and notification reports, etc.
• Auditing of land packages, line list, acquisition documents and title review
• Support in maintenance of land database
• Obtain and manage receipt of third-party consents as part of third-party programs
• Final package preparation and interest registration
• Completion of all types of oil and gas, ALR and MOFLNRO applications as required
• Maintain client and other third-party relationships
• Work closely with Land Analyst, Lead Land Analyst, Project Coordinators, and Land Agents to complete assigned projects within tight deadlines
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please submit your resume to:
We would like to thank everyone who submits their resume in advance.
Please note that we will only be contacting those whom we wish to interview.