Surerus Construction and Development Ltd is currently accepting resumes for Welder/Fabricator to be based in our Fort St John Shop location. This full time, in town position means you will be home every night. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
The Welder is responsible for planning, welding, installing, and repairing all steel fabrications in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
• Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
• Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install various work.
• Use grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
• Repair improperly welded sections of fabrication.
• Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
• Inspect plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and take any corrective action needed.
Note: In addition to these duties personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the company.
• Interprovincial Red Seal or Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority.
• Valid CWB certification for structural steel is considered an asset.
• Various safety tickets/certificates as required depending on project.
• Must be able to pass a weld test.
• Must be able to pass a preaccess drug and a
• Pre-access Drug and Alcohol test, as this is deemed a safety sensitive position.
• Minimum 3 years as a welder in the construction industry.
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of metals, relevant product codes, regulations and laws.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits to components related to heavy earthworks and pipeline equipment
• Ability to concentrate on detailed work for long periods.
• Good vision and hand-eye coordination.
Please NO Phone Calls. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are not currently accepting resumes that are dropped off in person.
APPLY via email to: Kristine.email@example.com