The Red Seal Journeyman Millwright is responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting, and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. This position is accountable for maintaining all equipment to required standards as well responding to production and equipment failures.
Location: Fort St. John BC, expected to travel and will be advised of On Call Work Required
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday / 7:00 to 5:00 Will have opportunity for overtime when required and must be available if asked for overtime or occasional weekends if required.
Overtime: After 8 hours of work
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Industrial Maintenance, primarily Pump Repairs, Maintenance and Installation:
• Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
• Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
• Adjusting machinery and repairing and/or replacing defective parts
• Reading and interpreting diagrams and schematic drawings, blueprints, and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
• Participating in the preventative maintenance program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
• Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machineries
• Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts (often within a fraction of a millimeter tolerance).
• Service and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and programmable logic controls
• May do some tack welding and fabrication as well as maintain inventory of replacement parts
• Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications, and installations
• Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
• Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries
• May operate mobile equipment such as front-end loaders, forklifts, skid-steer loaders, man lifts and overhead cranes
• Performs area housekeeping duties and may perform work area and safety audits
• Journeyman or Interprovincial Red Seal in Millwright trade required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in gas plant and field operations
• Oilfield Construction experience would be considered an asset
• Previous experience with Electronic Ticket Systems an Asset
• Require the Standard WorkSafe Tickets:
• TDG, Standard First Aid, CPR WHIMIS & H2S
• Any additional Safety Tickets will be considered an asset
• Class 5 Drivers’ License with clean drivers’ abstract
• Ability to pass pre hire drug and alcohol screening
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills and Exceptional oral and written English
• Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organizations which may involve the provision of other technical support, as required.
• Promote a team approach and maintain a dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
• Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives
• Millwright (Required)
• Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
Please send resumes to email@example.com. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.