Looking to add a hardworking, energetic, positive, part time Administrative Assistant to our team!
Who we are: Glenn Stewart is a world class professional horsemanship clinician and educator. He travels throughout North American and Internationally leading Clinics, Camps and Learning Holiday Adventures. He is a keynote speaker and presenter for equine expos and competitor in colt starting competitions. Glenn’s home and base of operations is The Horse Ranch. He has custom designed his 160 acre ranch with horse and human development at the forefront – with his horses enjoy living in a natural environment, in a herd in the pastures. The facility includes arenas, round pen, natural obstacles – a playground for horse development – and miles of trails around the property including to the Beaton River Valley, as well as a heated indoor arena.
Glenn trains horses, trains people (both online and onsite), offers clinics (both local and destination), holds company retreats, rents facilities out at his ranch in Baldonnel, and holds events at his ranch. There is also a store at the ranch.
To learn more about Glenn and The Horse Ranch and what it has to offer please check out our website:
We endeavor to offer a safe, challenging, interesting, fun, friendly, professional work environment for employees.
Who we are looking for: an energetic, positive, open to learning, comfortable with computers, adaptable part-time Administrative Assistant. Hours are flexible and are can be discussed. 12 hours a week – 3 shifts consisting of 4 hours each during the week Monday to Friday. (Example 1-5 Tuesday to Thursday). Must be at location for all work – no remote work offered for this position. Will help Glenn out in the office. Will work under direction and in coordination with Office Manager to maintain the functioning of the administrative end of the company. The Office Manager works remotely from Southern BC, but is constantly available through phone, text, and email and quick to respond. Your job will include being the eyes and ears at the company for Office Manager. You will mainly be working out of an office in the store, but will also be expected to take photos and videos of Glenn’s work occasionally. And reception.
Start Date: Immediately
- Basic office administrative duties
- Answering phones
- Greeting customers
- Working at a computer station (programs may include Word, Excel, Simple Square, Constant Contact, Shopify, Thinkific, WordPress, Sage 50)
- Accounts Receivable (accepting payments, producing invoices as needed)
- Working in co-ordination with Office Manager for her to complete her tasks.
- Supplying information to our bookkeeper and accountant as needed.
- Light and medium lifting – such as files, boxes of store items, sitting and walking.
- Town runs (be aware of winter driving)
- Photographing and videoing Glenn while working at times.
- Posting videos and pictures to social media accounts
- Light house keeping (includes but not limited to keeping the office and store clean, also may include cleaning onsite accommodations 4 guest suites)
- Follow our safety protocol
- Job descriptions and duties at The Horse Ranch are fluid. You may change what you do as you grow within the company and over time.
Requirements for the job:
- Must be at least 18 years old, must have Grade 12 diploma or Post-Secondary. Must have valid Class 5 (or Class 7) driver’s licence and have own transportation to and from office which is located in Baldonnel area. (This includes winter driving conditions).
- Must have good computer skills (including word and excel)
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must be polite and respectful and enjoy talking to people (customer service)
- Must be able to follow instruction
- Must be pleasant and have a positive, friendly, professional attitude.
- Must be adaptable and accommodating.
- Must understand that safety is of utmost importance.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Be alright working alone in a more isolated environment – you may be the only person in the office (although there are usually people around the location).
- Must have good communication/conversational skills (written, verbal, and digital - text, email,
The following would be assets:
- Experience in office administration including answering phones and filing.
- Experience in retail or customer service positions
- Experience or knowledge of Simple Square, Constant Contact, Shopify, Thinkific, WordPress, Sage 50.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Experience, knowledge, appreciation of horses.
- Farm experience
- Experience and/or interest in Event Planning.
Training to be provided for necessary skills to perform the job to the right candidate on areas not in the “Requirements of the Job” section.
Please send resume with references and wages expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only persons short-listed will be contacted.