Technical Specialist, REC
• Bachelor’s degree with significant experience including 5+ years working as a senior manager or leader for an environmental consulting company.
• A professional designation (e.g. P.Geo, P.Bio., P.Ag., etc.) recognized in BC, or Alberta.
• Knowledge of and experience with environmental standards, and regulations or guidelines and federal and provincial regulations. Primarily knowledge with the OGC Delegation Agreement, pre-reclamation and post-reclamation assessments, and requirements relating to consultation with stakeholders.
• Significant and successful experience working on reclamation projects of varying complexity.
• Experience in landowner and stakeholder consultations/communications
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and professional writing skills.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
The primary function of the Technical Specialist (TS), Reclamation is to provide specialized technical support and mentorship to our multi-disciplinary team in order to provide effective solutions to our clients’ reclamation sites challenges. This position focuses on ensuring that the company is able to perform its technical functions and assists the Operations Manager by providing technical expertise and support and leading a team of technical matter experts. Our technical team strategically supports SynergyAspen in operational completion, training and professional development, and research and development. This position reports to the CEO.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Provide technical oversight and delegation of projects to Project Managers & Account Managers.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with portfolio objectives, direction, and budgeting requests.
• Responsible for the quality and accuracy of work plans and cost estimates.
• Responsible for technical review and professional sign-off of all reports submitted to regulators and identify and comply with applicable regulatory and client requirements.
• Responsible for technical mentorship and direction to client teams.
• Responsible for overseeing regulatory updates from various regulatory bodies, ensuring our internal processes are updated accordingly and keeping our templates up to date.
• May complete project or client management on select or more complex project(s) in portfolio.
• Provide ongoing updates to the client to meet their communication and business needs.
• Ensure client specific requirements are communicated to staff.
• Provide excellent levels of service to our internal and external clients and represent our clients in a professional manner.
• Responsible for ensuring project staff meet or exceed client specific health and safety requirements.
• Responsible for review and sign-off of monthly invoices to clients for projects you manage.
• Other responsibilities and/or duties may be assigned at the discretion of the CEO.
• Undertake occasional travel as needed.
• Integration of the technical / professional aspects of the business with the business at large.
• Make presentations to professional and industry organizations on behalf of the company.
• Ensure corporate chargeability targets are met or exceeded.
• Ensure all business aspects act in a coordinated, integrated, and harmonious manner consistent with our values.
• To find, support and develop leadership and professional / technical talent.
• To clearly articulate expectations and outcomes of senior Technical Specialists within the company.
• Build trust in the organization, its people and integrated business processes. This includes trust in and by our customers, industry, and corporate team.
• Forecast technical staffing requirements by level and office location.
• Identify and fill senior technical management requirements within the organization.
• Be accountable for technical hires at a senior level.