• Energy, intelligence, and integrity. Your drive for exceptional client experience is relentless.
• Reliable attention to detail, remarkable accuracy, and professional organizational skills.
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate our corporate values and behaviors.
• You have knowledge of project execution activities such as planning, project controls, scheduling, and costing.
• Collaborate successfully with your team on various projects of differing complexity.
• Communicate and work effectively with environmental subcontractors.
• Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions, when required; travel for work in potentially remote locations, as needed, according to project demands.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a related discipline.
• Registration, or eligibility to register as a Professional EIT, GIT, AIT, BIT, CET.
• Minimum of 5 + years industry experience
• Experience in contaminated sites, natural sciences, and reclamation, with preference given to candidates with practical knowledge of BC OGC Regulatory Guidelines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, and Teams. Proficiency with Android / IOS.
SynergyAspen's purpose is to reduce our client's environmental footprint. We are an environmental consulting firm that provides clients with exceptional service and value, and our employees with meaningful employment. Our areas of expertise include contaminated sites, natural sciences, and reclamation services.
Do your values resonate with our company purpose? We are growing!
Are you looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your talents and develop your career? We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Coordinator to join our teams in both our Fort St. John and Port Moody offices, with a remote position for the right candidate. Preference would be given to those who are willing to move to Fort St. John; a relocation bonus will be offered for the transition.
As the Environmental Coordinator, you are responsible for assisting the Environmental Project Manager to plan and complete a project. You may be responsible for project budgets, timelines, deliverables, field completion of advanced programs and preparation of technical reports. You will maintain direct connection to the field staff, and work in the field may be required as determined by each project. You will provide direction to the Environmental Supervisor and report to the Environmental Project Manager or Environmental Account Manager.
Specifically, you will:
• Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
• Support field operations in aspects which may include cost controls, planning, scheduling and estimating.
• Complete technical report writing and signature on factual technical reports.
• Maintain current knowledge with governing regulatory bodies as it applies to the OGC, MOE.
• Manage data and file compilation for internal and client databases.
• Maintain billable targets as set by Supervisor.
• Coordinate with and manage Contractors.
• Coordinate and facilitate successful project deliverables.
• Provide excellent levels of service to our internal and external clients and represent SynergyAspen Environmental and our clients in a professional manner consistent with corporate values and behaviours.
What SynergyAspen Offers to You
• Autonomy, an opportunity to expand your expertise, and work for a company with integrity of purpose.
• Competitive compensation and comprehensive extended health benefits.
• Flexible work hours and remote work options.
• Pet friendly offices.
• Business-casual dress code.
• Eligibility for educational and professional membership dues reimbursements.