Environmental Project Manager
• 10+ years relevant experience in environmental consulting, with 5 years of project management experience
• B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in a related discipline and a professional designation (e.g., P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, P.Ag. etc.) recognized in BC or AB
• Experience in contaminated sites, natural sciences, or reclamation, with extensive knowledge of BC OGC Regulations
• Experience in managing technically complex projects, working with a dynamic team, and overseeing cost controls
• Energy, intelligence, and integrity. Your drive for exceptional client experience is relentless
• Experience managing and working with a multi-disciplinary team
• Reliable attention to details that matter most, remarkable accuracy, and professional organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Teams, Excel, and Word
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to safety
SynergyAspen's purpose is to reduce our clients’ environmental footprint. We are a growing environmental consulting firm that provides clients with exceptional service and value, and our employees with meaningful careers. Our areas of expertise includes reclamation, remediation and natural sciences, with a specialty in upstream oil and gas work conducting reclamation projects on contaminated sites in Northeast BC.
The primary function of the Environmental Project Manager is to manage multiple projects of varying complexity within set timelines and provide skilled organization pertaining to planning, budgeting, issue resolution, resource allocation and management. Within a project, this role reports to the Environmental Account Manager. This position may also liaise with the client directly regarding the project work and status. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Define scope of activities, set priorities, evaluate, and manage risks and monitor performance
• Manage remediation programs, including Stage 1 and 2 ESAs, soil and groundwater treatment, soil and groundwater monitoring and risk assessments
• Manage reclamation programs, including Schedule B and detailed site assessments
• Assist in the preparation and execution of proposals
• Design and prepare work programs and technical reports for field programs
• Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of BC regulatory regime (AB is an asset)
• Responsible for review and sign-off on monthly invoices to clients
• Maintain billable targets as set by CEO
• Responsible for ensuring project staff meet, maintain, or exceed client-specific health and safety requirements, review safety documents, POPs’, templates, and other material
• Undertake occasional travel to Calgary, Fort St John, Vancouver, or other destinations as needed
• Provide excellent levels of service to our internal and external clients
• Expand services to existing clients through cross-selling SynergyAspen’s various lines of business (Remediation, Reclamation and Natural Sciences) and assist in preparation of RFQ’s and SOQ’s
• Provide professional supervision and guidance to direct reports and junior employees
What SynergyAspen Offers to You
• Autonomy, an opportunity to expand your expertise, and work for a company with integrity of purpose.
• Competitive compensation and comprehensive extended health benefits.
• Flexible work hours and remote work options.
• Pet friendly offices.
• Business-casual dress code.
• Eligibility for educational and professional membership dues reimbursements.