Energetic Traffic Control Ltd is located in Fort St. John, BC and is a locally owned company that offers 24/7 on-call traffic control services and equipment rentals in Northern BC and Alberta.
Fort St. John, BC
This is a full time, long term position
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Will have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a dispatcher, knowledge of local roads around the Peace Region, and traffic control knowledge or experience is an asset.
• Will know how to work in a team, and have exceptional communication and customer service skills, whether via phone, text, email, or person to person.
• Book, organize and prioritize jobs/projects as they are called in.
• Be available to answer phone calls 24/7.
• Plan, create, review and assess traffic control plan diagrams and documents using Rapid Plan software.
• Take phone calls pertaining to employee’s and customer’s day to day issues; provide solutions and support, and direct them to the appropriate solution as required.
• Complete monthly inspections, review daily documents from staff, lead monthly safety meetings, and perform incident investigations.
• Maintain and record daily operations.
• Communicate with employees to solve problems in the field and provide support for traffic control related questions.
• Arrange for living arrangements for employees working out of town.
• Administer appropriate rewards and recognition to employees.
• Hold a position on the Joint Occupational & Health Committee.
• Assist in hiring, orientating, and training employees as well as perform competency assessments on new and existing staff.
• Maintain a fleet of 25 pickups; scheduling maintenance and repairs as needed.
Applicants must have:
• Excellent communication skills and can professionally liaise with a variety of internal and external resources.
• Knowledge of the BC Ministry of Transport Manual for Work on Roadways 2015 edition.
• Are proficient in delivering exceptional customer service in working with clients, staff and public.
• Respond quickly and effectively in pressure filled situations, while maintaining a calm demeanor. Be able to problem solve.
• Are able and willing to work as a flexible member of a growing team.
• Display outstanding organizational skills that allow you to maintain orderly paper and electronic filing systems; including accurate data entry.
• Must keep detailed daily records (journal) of day to day happenings.
• Are capable to use smartphones to text, send and receive pictures and documents; including the use of GPS.
• Are competent to learn and utilize new software.
• There is some physical activity required, applicants must be physically capable to lift 30lbs and maneuver in and out of truck bed boxes
What we Offer:
• Competitive wages based on your experience and qualifications.
• 2 weeks of vacation
• Health & Dental Benefits
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.