We are a midsize property management company whose portfolio is expanding and we are looking for an additional team player to join our maintenance department. This would be a part time position to start (approximately 20-25 hours a week) that may develop into a full-time position. Applications will be accepted until September 2, 2019 with interviews commencing on the week of the September 9th 2019.
• Ensuring the safety of common areas of the apartment/strata buildings and complying with our Health and Safety requirements
• With a focus on customer service, troubleshoot and prioritize work orders and handle emergency situations
• Perform routine and unique plumbing repairs, including boiler checks and hot water tank replacements
• Dealing with subcontract labour
• Drywall repairs, painting prep and painting,
• Minor electrical repairs
• Assisting with or preforming suite renovations and other upgrades as needed
• Moving furniture, equipment, materials and supplies including refuse removal of vacant units
• Annual and seasonal (gutter cleaning, pruning, weeding etc) maintenance as required
• Maintain tools and equipment
• Snow removal and ice control from all entrances/exits and walkways of our rental and strata buildings as required
• Delivery of notices as required and posting notices in common areas of our buildings
• Assisting in the development and implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
• Other related duties as assigned by the maintenance coordinator/office manager/ managing broker.
• Able to work independently and as a team player, is a self-starter, and takes pride in job well done
• 1+ years previous experience in building maintenance preferred (wage dependent on experience)
• Prior experience in facilities maintenance; plumbing or construction preferred
• Able to speak and write English fluently; decent computer skills (working knowledge in word, excel, and other MS software)
• Able to lift up 50 lbs.
• Pleasant demeanor, good customer service skills, ability to take direction and receptive to feedback
• Flexible schedule; able to work weekends/on call as needed
• Class 5 or N with a clean driver abstract - Having your own truck to pull a trailer would be considered an asset
What We Offer:
• Quality of life working hours and flexibility
• A comprehensive extended medical coverage plan, including MSP after the probationary period (3 months)
• Competitive wages
• A great supportive team environment that enjoys what they do and who they work with
• Advancement within the company
How to apply:
Please email your resume with references, wage expectations, and a brief introduction of yourself on why you think you be a good fit for our company to: email@example.com. While we thank all applicants only those shortlisted will be contacted