Surerus Construction and Development Ltd is currently accepting resumes for Heavy Duty Mechanics to be based in our Fort St John Shop location. This full time, in town position means you will be home every night. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
The Mechanic is responsible for repairing, troubleshooting, adjusting, overhauling and maintaining mobile heavy-duty equipment.
- Fabricate, construct, install, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine required repairs.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and
streamline work processes.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service heavy trucks and heavy construction equipment.
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling
systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major
internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery.
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service drive trains and final drives, hydraulic
transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake
systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- HD Mechanic Journeyman Certificate from a recognized provincial training authority is
required for this position.
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License including air brake endorsement will be considered an asset.
- Ability to successfully complete a Drug and Alcohol test prior to employment, as this is
deemed a safety sensitive position.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of operation of various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials and industry waste.
- Mechanical aptitude and interest.
APPLY via email to Kristine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off resume in person:
Surerus Construction and Development Ltd
9312 109 Street, Fort St John, BC V1J 6C9
Please NO Phone Calls. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.