Environmental Client Manager
• B.Sc. in Environmental Engineering or B.Sc. in Earth Sciences, Biology or related discipline;
• 10 + years working experience in the Environmental Consulting Industry;
• A professional designation (e.g. CSAP, P.Eng, P.Geo, P. Chem, R.P.Bio., P.Ag., etc.) recognized in BC, or Alberta;
• Experience managing projects in a related role;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio;
• Experience managing budgeting and costs controls;
• Ability to lead a team, and set and reach team goals;
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to learn. Great interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Business development experience would be an asset.
The primary function of the Environmental Client Manager (CM) is to manage the client portfolio in a cost effective innovative and value-added manner to meet or exceed client objectives in compliance with all regulatory requirements. The CM works with our clients to plan, budget and manage the direction of a project portfolio and shares SynergyAspen's relentless drive for continuous improvement. This position will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
Specifically, you will:
• Monitor and ensure compliance with portfolio objectives, direction and budgeting requests;
• Prepare and assist in the preparation and execution of proposals;
• Provide ongoing updates to the client to meet their communication needs;
• Provide excellent levels of service to our internal and external client;
• Ensure project staff meet, maintain or exceed client specific health and safety requirements;
• Responsible for review and sign-off on monthly invoices to clients, managing and forecasting client budgets;
• Spend client approved project and/or portfolio budget;
• Undertake occasional travel to Calgary, Vancouver or other destinations to meet with clients or to deliver staff training, as needed;
• Expand services with existing clients through cross-selling SynergyAspen’s various lines of business
(Remediation, Reclamation and Natural Sciences);
• Ensure chargeability goals are met for yourself and your reports and provide ongoing evaluation of workloads.