Katerberg & Associates Law Offices is accepting applications for a Receptionist/Junior Legal Assistant to work in a busy law firm.
We are a small but very busy law firm servicing family and civil litigation clients. This is a full-time position working between the hours of 8 to 5 with primary duties being the receptionist but also providing legal administrative support to lawyers and other legal support staff.
The primary duty is to promptly and professionally answer phones and to greet and assist clients.
The ideal candidate will have completed a Legal Administrative Assistant course, or have prior reception or equivalent customer service experience, and possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must and knowledge in PCLaw will be an asset.
This position requires a patient, emphatic individual who has a very calm demeanor.
A neat appearance, professional attitude and friendly demeanor are necessary.
Strong communication, organizational skills and attention to detail will be relied upon daily.
• Full-time – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Monday to Friday
Benefits available after probationary period:
• Dental Care
• Extended Health Care
• Vision Care
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for answering and directing income calls and queries on a multi-lined switchboard
• Greet clients and other visitors
• Accepting incoming mail, couriers and deliveries, sorting and distributing
• preparing outgoing mail and packages
• Distribute incoming faxes
• Bank and mail runs
• Scheduling of appointments and travel arrangements, when required
• Processing payments
• Stocking, maintaining, and ordering of supplies
• Keep reception area tidy and welcoming to guests
• Keep reception desk and area organized to ensure ease of process and confidentiality of client related items
• Maintain filing systems and basic databases
• Booking boardrooms for meetings as requested and coordinating catering requirements
• providing legal administrative support to lawyers and other legal support staff
• Other administrative responsibilities as requested
• High School Diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• Minimum of one year reception experience, or office services and or customer service experience
• Professional appearance and demeanor is paramount to position
• Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills
• Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities
• Ability to multi-task
• Must have a solid track record of reliability and on-time arrival to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate in a professional, mature and courteous manner
• Function effectively as part of a team as well as independently
• Able to maintain a calm demeanor and a high level of professionalism at all times
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with PCLaw is also an asset
• Understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality of staff, lawyers, and all clients
• Maintains a polished and professional appearance
• Provide effective and efficient customer service
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
Please reply via email with your cover letter and resume with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested candidates for their resumes but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Remote interview process