Surerus Construction and Development Ltd is actively recruiting Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics.
Come join our busy team in our brand new, state of the art Fort St John Shop location, featuring 4 overhead cranes, oversized daylight overhead doors, heated floors, and excellent ventilation. Work comfortably inside and be home every night!
In addition, we offer:
• Competitive Wages
• Extensive Benefits Package featuring:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Program
- Corporate Gym Membership Rate
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Work Life Balance
The Mechanic is responsible for repairing, troubleshooting, adjusting, overhauling and maintaining mobile heavy-duty equipment.
• Fabricate, construct, install, and repair equipment and machinery.
• Diagnose equipment problems and determine required repairs.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and
streamline work processes.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
• Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service heavy trucks and heavy construction equipment.
• Repair, overhaul, maintain and service fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling
systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major
internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery.
• Repair, overhaul, maintain and service drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions,
power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-
mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
• Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• HD Equipment Mechanic Journeyman Certificate from a recognized provincial training
authority is required for this position.
• Valid Class 3 Driver’s License including air brake endorsement will be considered an asset.
• Mechanical aptitude and interest.
APPLY via email to Kristine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off resume in person:
Surerus Construction and Development Ltd
10912 91 Ave, Fort St John, BC V1J 6G7
Please NO Phone Calls – only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.